Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to the pump

It's been an eventful past month. I've been living a fairly quiet life for numerous months now. Been trying to get rid of the last little bit of debt I have so that I can work toward buying a house before I turn 31. So I don't go out to eat very much, don't go out to the clubs except on special occasions, and have been very content to entertain myself with WoW, TV, reading, or whatever. And I've been doing great. Should be out of debt hopefully next month which is 7 or 8 months ahead of schedule.

However, life generally has a different plan for us than the one we map out. My time of being a hermit seems to be at an end.

The chain of events probably started with the camping trip. In case you missed it, the 12 page documentary on the trip is the previous blog post :p . Being around all my friends was great, and I was reminded of the next weeks birthday celebrations. So of course I have to go. I missed the dinner plans because of work but met everyone at the club later that evening. I had a great time dancing with my friends. I had an especially good time dancing with Matt. Back in the day when I worked at the club doing security he filled in for people when they called out sick or on vacation. We also have numerous friends in common. So I've known the guy for long time, but never really hung out with him. Well sparks flew and by the end of the night we had a date set up for the next Monday.

A typical Sunday tradition for some of my friends is to do brunch at Kiva. A recovery breakfast after a crazy night at Tracks. Lately I had been declining so as to keep my expenses in check, but also I haven't been going to Tracks either. So I didn't have anything to recover from. But Matt works there once a month for the 'Ab Fab Brunch' and that happened to be the next day. So of course I couldn't miss it.

Then they all decided to go see the new Batman movie after brunch, and I couldn't be the only one not going. Great movie by the way. Monday was my date with Matt. Which was fantastic. And I've seen him every day since until my trip to Utah. And every day since returning. If I'm not up at his place he's down at mine.

I purchased gas the first day of June, and then not again until the 16th of July or so. I was thinking of trying to make it until September. I didn't even make it to August before filling up again.

And so ends my days of being a hermit. And I'm not complaining one bit. I'm still gunning for a house in the next 6 or 7 months. So not everything has changed. But the foreseeable future holds many more trips to the gas pump. :)

No comments: