Friday, March 20, 2009

Boring update..

I suppose its about time I wrote an update to my life. I was talking to Kyle earlier and he said I should check out his blog to see the kids dancing. I realized I hadn't been to anyones blogs in a long time and I had lost the links to all my pages in 'favorites' when my computer died.

So I watched the video of his kids dancing to 'Dancing Queen'. I'm not brave enough to post the video of me dancing to the same song... just take my word that Hailea is better than me, but at least I'm better than Kadin. :p

So anyway, life is moving forward here. For the past year and a half I've been trying to get ready to buy a house. I had a bunch of debt that I needed to pay down so I started living like a hermit January of last year. It took about 10 months to do it, but 10k debt gone in 10 months isn't bad. However, in July I started dating Matt.. and relationships aren't cheap. So October I finally get out of debt, but then decide to move out of the hole I'd been living in and move in with another friend. Plus I decided I needed to buy some stuff for the house I will eventually get. And then Christmas came around. So all these things delayed the process by delaying the down payment savings.

But starting this January we've been saving like crazy. Matt found us a realtor that we met with last friday. She recommended a finance person who I called this last monday. And by tuesday we had been approved and set up an appointment this sunday to start looking at houses. After going so slow for so long its a bit of a whirlwind for things to be going so fast. It's both exciting and a little scary.

My work has been ok. They have cut everyone back to a 4 day work week. With the economy in the shit hole (thanks bush and all the greedy companies and all the idiots that over extended themselves) less people are traveling. It's been a curse and a blessing. It's nice to work 4 days in a week, but would be better if my 3 days off were all together. I have Friday Sunday and Monday off. Breaks up the week, but hurts the paycheck. However, they have started an incentive program with two of our main properties that will give us a couple bucks for each reservation we make that the guests end up staying. Once that starts to pay out it'll be really nice.

Me and Matt are doing fantastic. This week will be 8 months. It's hard to believe we've been together that long. Time sure does fly when you're having fun. I think he's a bit scared at the prospect of meeting my family. I considered going to Utah for the camping trip with Matt. But that'll probably be right in the heart of the home buying process, or right as we're getting into the new home. So I don't think we'll be able to afford it. And besides, with bonfires, guns, axes, hatchets, and knives so readily available.... probably not the best time to meet an already intimidating mob. I'm sure he's 'the one'.. so he'll have to meet them eventually. But it's one of those things that is currently easily procrastinated. The brother closest in proximity has dodged all attempts at going to dinner and made no attempts himself... so I anticipate it'll be at least as awkward as I imagine. Then again, a sister-in-law offered to be our first house guest once we have the house. So who knows. I know meeting his family will be scary.. and he only has one sister.. lol.

So anyway.. that's about everything happening with me.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Yay!!! Thanks for the update! I've been wondering about you! That's awesome about the house - it's so nice to put down roots (even if they're far from here)!

Janine said...

I second Rachael's comment...I'm so happy to have an update!! Hooray! And I was dead serious about getting together soon...if it EVER stops snowing that is. ; )

Kristi said...

Okay...so it sounds like I'm late on the reading of this update. I'm so happy for you Ryan! I'm right there with Janine...I want to come visit you and hang out!!! It's been WAY too long!